Some women are intimidated by having someone look in their closet. What's it like? Will they have to spend a lot of money to create the wardrobe they want?
Follow me. Take a peek into Maggie's closet. View it as a fun experience to shop your closet and see all the items you have that when put together properly, can create a fabulous outfit.
Keep in mind that everyone's needs are a little different and this is just a quick peek of the whole experience. Here, we did not concentrate as much on getting rid of items or creating the list of missing pieces. For Maggie, it was really about taking what she owned and putting it together in new exciting ways. Taking a picture for easy future reference is always a smart idea to make getting dressed in an empowered outfit a no-brainer. Watch the videoHERE. (it's only 5 minutes)
Not only did we organize Maggie's closet and create some great new combinations, but she has some good take-aways that she can remember when shopping and dressing in the future. Here are some of the things she learned.
1) Bright colors are great. But for Fall/ Winter, keep them in heavier fabrics otherwise they look out of season.
2) Arrange like items together to easily see what you have in a category.
3) Duplicating items. No need to buy the second item if what you have is too similar. Make sure there are varying lengths, necklines, fabrics, textures, etc.
4) Thin hangers are great for creating space. Save bulky hangers for heavy coats.
5) Get mileage out of your clothes. Items such as her pink sweater can be styled differently for weekend and for work.
Need some more personalized help with your wardrobe?
Contact Diane: firstname.lastname@example.org