They Say it is Fall but...
It has been in the 80's and hit 90 degrees a few days ago. As we progress into fall, it gets more confusing on what to wear and wait tillthe temperature starts to flip-flop from warm to cold and back again, which it inevitably will do.
I remember when I was a kid, the seasons pretty much lined up with the memorial / labor day holidays. That meant that back to school was full of excitement and a big shop for your fall wardrobe, which you could pretty much almost wear right away.
Do you remember picking out your first day of school outfit? It was always new and always your favorite. Do you remember that outfit feeling like your supergirl uniform that was going to enable you to be the cool girl or able to make new friends or whatever you wanted your supergirl powers to be?
Well come labor day, I am always ready to be out with the old season and in with the new, but this weather still feels like true summer. Not that I am complaining, but it is confusing on what to wear and does not encourage the excitement for shopping/ wearing those new fall outfits (hence I wait till you are excited for my Fall trends issue.)
We have heard that many ofthe traditional "rules" such as white after labor day are being broken. So now seasons are not truly seasons which makes it even more confusing about what to wear. UGH!
So here are a few ofmy tips on how to manage this crazy season - which I too can find challenging.
1) If you change your closet over for the season, you may actually want to do 2 changes per season. This season do a fall one and a true winter one much later.
2) Choose to wear darker colors but in light weight fabrics and with shorter sleeve lengths, so you will feel fallish without being overly warm.
3) Wear transitional shoes. Full-on open toe sandals will start to be packed away. Although people are wearing boots all year around now, the peep-toe bootie is a great transitional shoe. Other shoes include flats, slip on sneakers, pumps, sling-back or other shoes that can be worn without socks or tights. Show those bare ankles!
4) One you have probably heard before - Layer. Especially when the temperature may fluctuate drastically from day to evening.
5) Get more use out of those super heavy winter items that you wear under a coat and wear them as your fall jacket. These can include, blazers, heavy cardis, furry vests and more.
So back to that first day of school outfit and feeling like a supergirl. You can still have that as an adult. And not just for that ONE outfit. Get a wardrobe full of your favorite supergirl outfits that make you feel empowered. Schedule a consultation with me and transform yourself into your own version of SUPERWOMAN!