Well, Spring is here (at least they say).
Unfortunately, I think we will still be wearing those winter coats and sweaters for a while longer. (More about that in a little.)
However, I don’t think it is a bad idea to start strategizing about some of your purchases.
And so with that, I would like to let you in on which Spring months will provide the best deals on what items.
Now is a great time to buy sunglasses. There are more styles on sale in March than any other month. And what I love on top of the deals, is that you can actually start wearing them immediately!
Wayfarers and aviators are classics. If you are looking for some new fun styles, I put together some great options. (And if you like, just click on the image, they are all shoppable).
Many of the big department stores and some of the online resources are offering Friends & Family discounts. So make sure to take advantage of these great deals.
Although, you may be thinking Spring clothes, May is a great time to get discounts on coats, suits, formal dresses, lingerie and handbags.
If you are ready to “dive-in,” you are in luck with swimwear prices taking a “plunge.” And of course, don’t forget about those Memorial Day sales.
In the last Stylempower insider news, I asked you to tell me about some of your wardrobe issues. I got a reply that I think resonates with many of us at this time of year, and I want to share it with you:
“I'm tired of the same few winter sweaters.”
See what I have to say to that below.
Make the sweaters look a little different by:
- Try a belt. Best on thinner sweaters as thick ones may make you look thick.
- Play around with fashion scarves (indoor scarves).
- Wear a great necklace.
- Wear a collared button down under your sweater and let the hem and cuffs stick out. You can also add the necklace or belt with this.
- Wear a blazer or jacket over a thin sweater.
- Wear a vest over a thin sweater – some outerwear vests can also be worn as indoor clothing. Check to see if you have any that will work.
- Cardigans can be belted too.
And something that I did not tell her, but I am adding now.
- Wear a button-down cardigan as a sweater with nothing under it.
And of course looking on the bright side. This makes looking forward to our Spring wardrobe that much more exciting.
And as always, if you need help, shopping for those great finds or re-inventing your wardrobe, reach out to me for help.