If you are perfectly happy with how you look in clothes and don't have at least one area that is not your favorite, don't bother to read the rest.
Are you still there?
Great, most of us would like a little help in knowing how we can look and feel our best in clothes. So as summer winds down, take a re-stock of your summer wardrobe and see what works.
Then keep this on hand when you are ready for fall.
1) Large expanses of fabric can make you look large. Color Block and vertical panels will trick the eye to break up these large areas. Break up a higher neckline with a scarf or necklace.
2) Flared / bootcut pants will balance out wide hips (trending NOW!).
3) Shoes that match pants, are skin colored, have low cut toes, or cut out sides, will elongate legs.
4) Wrap dresses, loose, untucked, drapey tops will all help to hide a tummy.
5) If you have a long torso, wear empire or cropped tops or jacket. If you have a short torso, wear drop-waist items, low slung belts or tunics. These will help balance your proportions.
6) With a tight bottom, wear a loose top. Two too tight pieces might be overtly sexy. Tight jeans and a tee are Ok, But totally clingy pieces like leggings, pair best with fuller tops.
7) With loose bottoms, wear a tight top. There are many women who falsely believe that if they wear two baggy pieces they will camouflage the curves or rolls in their bodies. Here you may be doing yourself a disservice and actually making yourself look bigger. (Think tent-like).
8) To enlarge a small chest, wear a higher neckline like a crewneck. To minimize a larger chest wear a neckline like a v-neck or a scoop neck. Boatnecks are good for narrow shoulders and wide hips.
9) Don't let items cut you at the largest part of your body. For instance, cropped pants look best at the ankle and not calf. If you have wide hips, don't wear a top that falls at the widest part of your hips. And finally, if you dare to wear short shorts, let them at least come to the hollowed out area of your leg.
Feel free to print this page as a quick tip sheet.
For additional more personalized help, I am always here for you.