Were you ever curious about having a personal stylist, but didn't know what it entailed and thought that it was a fancy proposition, so just didn't bother? Stylempower wants to make it easy for you to get a quick and affordable taste on how you can improve your wardrobe. Enter your best look express service.
Simply send a quick picture of the item with your question about it. Note, please include as many details in the question as possible. This will help you get a more focused answer without a bunch of back & forth emails.
Here is an example of my client Carol in Brooklyn. She sent a picture of this skirt hanging in her closet and didn't know what to wear with it.
CAROL: What's the best top to wear with this boldly designed A-line cotton skirt? Right now I wear an off-white cotton blouse (sleeveless), but I wonder what else would work. Tan? Taupe? Something muted? Black does not look good. Is the pattern too bright/loud to match it with a color?
STYLEMPOWER: You wear it with an off white blouse – is the color in the print white or off white? I suggest keeping them the same (I use the word white below, but should be whatever matches the print).
Depends where you wear this skirt- to work or for fun.
- For work keep it with a blouse or you can even wear it with white tee and blazer over it, just make sure the blazer is not too super serious suity or too long.
- For fun, I would go more in the T-shirt direction. Can be fun weekend wear with a tank and flip flops or sandals.
- You can try a heather grey top
- Royal blue if you want to go bold
- Blue & white stripe – pattern mixing is very in. And since both stripe and skirt have two colors it doesn’t get crazy.
- Chambray (the light weight, light denim) button down shirt. You can layer over a white tank and knot at the waist.
- Same look as above but with denim jacket instead of Chambray shirt.
- You can also wear with a white tank & layer a short bold colored cardigan such as the royal blue, or a heather grey over it.
- Navy, tan or olive will also work. For the darker colors (navy, olive) I recommend doing the white tee under and use the dark color for cardigan or jacket. This will break up the heavy dark look on top which is why you didn't like black with it.
Now Carol is off to shop her closet, online or local stores armed with STYLEMPOWER'S recommendations.